Monday, October 09, 2006

Tell Someone



Visiting my Gyno the first time after my rape, was so hard. I was totally freaking out, but she was so good to me.

HPV is something we should all (raped or not) have ourselves checked for if involved in sexual activity. Finding and treating this can save you from potential cervical cancer.

Papillomaviruses are a diverse group of DNA-based viruses that infect the skin and mucous membranes of humans and a variety of animals. More than 100 different human papillomavirus (HPV) types have been characterized. Some HPV types cause benign skin warts, or papillomas, for which the virus family is named. HPVs associated with the development of such "common warts" are transmitted environmentally or by casual skin-to-skin contact. (Wikipedia)


I strongly urge all women to get tested for this. If raped, its even more important. Not only that, tell other women how important this is as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home